Find your true self and be a part of something greater!
Yoga teacher training isn’t just a step towards becoming a yoga teacher. It’s a chance to become part of a community of committed, like-minded people who want to help write the next chapter of contemporary yoga.
Not only will you learn the language of asana and anatomy, but through philosophy and self-study, you'll start to unravel all that is YOU.
Change or begin your career now and take your yoga practice to a deeper level. Let what you love be what you do.
What we'll be covering:
Yoga Postures - Lots of them!
Sequencing - Including vinyasa, classical and restorative
Philosophy - The Yoga Sutras Of Patanjali
Anatomy - The basics of joints, muscle groups and stretching
Ethics - Code of conduct and The Mindful Teacher
Meditation - Benefits and techniques
Breathing - Benefits and techniques
Yoga Business - Marketing, Social media and yoga teacher basics
and HEAPS more :)
- 1B1 - Pose Workbook and Intro to Asana
- 1B2 - Sun Salutations, Downward Facing Dog and Prep Poses (35:38)
- 1B3 - Standing Postures (86:41)
- 1B4 - Seated Postures (51:14)
- 1B5 - Forward Bends (41:07)
- 1B6 - Backbends (49:44)
- 1B7 - Twists (43:20)
- 1B8 - Core and Arm Balance (32:55)
- 1B9 - Restorative Poses (including Savasana) (70:26)
- 1B10 - Asana Quiz
- 2B1 - Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- 2B2 - The Yoga Sutras - The Eight Limbs (5:25)
- 2B3 - The 1st Limb - Yamas
- 2B4 - The Second Limb - Niyamas
- 2B5 - The Third Limb - Asana
- 2B6 - The Fourth Limb - Pranayama
- 2B7 - The Fifth Limb - Pratyahara (11:45)
- 2B8 - The Sixth Limb - Dharana
- 2B9 - The Seventh Limb - Dhyana
- 2B10 - The Eighth Limb - Samadhi
- 2B11 - Yoga Philosophy Quiz
Hi! I'm Ambika, the director of The Yoga Social :)
I am so happy to be taking you through this course!
We have been running our teacher training courses at The Yoga Social for many years, and this online course will give you the skills to become a confident and knowledgeable yoga teacher, with the added bonus of being able to study in your own home in your own time!
I have dedicated my life to yoga, and hope I can inspire you to do the same, whatever your age, background or experience.
You can find more about me and my experience and qualifications on our website www.theyogasocial.com
This is your time yogis - be prepared to move, learn new insights, delve deeper into yourself and change your life!
Let's do this! :)
What is the duration of this course? Most people will complete the course within 2-6 months :) You are given an entire 18 months.
How will I be assessed? You are given a quiz (mini exam) at the end of each section in order to move on. This is so we know you are processing the information :)
If I choose the Skype/Zoom session payment option, what does this entail? This option includes 6 x 1hr sessions with Ambika or another senior teacher (senior teachers in Australia have more than 10 years teaching experience and 1000hrs training). The sessions are structured throughout the course, 3 sessions during the asana techniques, 1 session after restorative, breathing and meditation and then another 2 sessions during the sequencing section. You choose the day and time for the session (availability depending).
Is this course registered with Yoga Alliance? Firstly, we would like to make it clear that yoga teachers do not need to be registered with any industry body like Yoga Alliance or Yoga Australia. This is a common misunderstanding. We, The Yoga Social, did a poll in Australia and 80% of the working yoga teachers who responded to our poll were not registered with either, and had never been asked by an employer.
For your information, Yoga Alliance (or any other industry body) will not register an online yoga teacher training HOWEVER, because our course has been registered with Yoga Alliance for many years, and because of COVID-19, they have agreed to register this online course until 30th June 2020 (and could be longer).
Will I receive a certification and will I be qualified to teach yoga? Yes. We will award you with a certificate once you complete the training and you will be a fully qualified yoga teacher.
Will I find work graduating from an online training? This will all depend on how well you teach. We cannot guarantee employment, as we cannot for our in person trainings. Studios tend to audition or request you teach a trial class and will employ you if you fit what they are looking for. There is no regulated body for yoga which states you can only be employed with a certain certificate, in fact, there are many teachers currently teaching yoga who have never attending a yoga teacher training.
Registered by Yoga Alliance!
Due to COVID-19 Yoga Alliance have agreed to register online courses (who were already registered as a face to face course) until 30th June 2020.
Be part of a yoga tribe!
Once you start studying with us, you are a part of a family. We have a facebook group, and also have regular meetups (depending on where you live). We are a family ... and we just keep getting bigger!
Ongoing mentorship with Ambika!
Your yoga journey doesn't stop once you graduate. Ambika keeps in contact with her graduates via Skype, Zoom and email. Feel free to contact her with questions, insights or concerns regarding the yoga industry. She's with you 100%.
What makes our Yoga Teacher Trainings different to the rest?
- We are tried and tested! We've been running our teacher trainings since 2014. You're in experienced hands :)
- We teach you how to be ‘YOGA’ teachers. In other words, we teach you how to teach Flow and Vinyasa, Alignment, Classical and Restorative. This means instead of graduating and calling yourself a ‘flow’ teacher or a ‘hot’ yoga teacher, you can graduate as a Yoga Teacher with no limitations. The possibilities are endless :)
- We are affordable. The quality of our trainings are superior, but we have made the choice to keep them affordable so they are accessible to a broader mix of peeps. We offer payment plans too.
- Teachers are writing teacher training courses these days with as little as 5 years experience teaching yoga themselves. Our course director, Ambika Chadwick, is a recognised senior yoga teacher in Australia and has over 20 years yoga teaching experience. She draws from absolute experience and knowledge in the industry.
- We don’t expect you to learn set sequences. Sure, we give you some examples of our sequences, but we teach you how to plan and sequence your own classes, and encourage you to teach loads during the course. We aren’t interested in ‘minions’ or ‘mini-mes’. We'll provide you with the tools, wisdom and knowledge to be your own teacher. You’ll attract your tribe and we will back you 100%.
- Not the ‘super duper one handed handstand in lotus' yogi you see on Instagram? *** Neither are we, and nor will most of your students. You’ll learn the tools so you can teach to EVERYBODY regardless of shape, age and fitness level. Yoga is for everybody and that’s what The Yoga Social is about :)
*** Ahem .. we aren’t discriminating against ‘super duper one handed handstand in lotus' yogis. Of course you are welcome to join our course too.